Ptuj’s artistic legacy
The Mihelič Gallery was named after the great Slovenian artist France Mihelič, who donated his extensive collection of prints and his paintings to the city of Ptuj. It is housed in the old tower at the Drava River, which was built in 1551 and was a part of the city’s defense system in the Renaissance. The gallery is home to two permanent collections: France Mihelič Print Room and Luigi Kasimir Print Room. The gallery also hosts traveling exhibitions, and contemporary art events from Slovenian and foreign authors.